Re: (erielack) Teletype for train orders

Mike and list,

Facsimile Machines were for many years and are in place in Suffern, Spring
Valley, and Port Jervis for the receipt of Form Ds. The Conductor was
required to contact the Operator at DB (before it closed) to verify the
number and date of each Form D.

Was this a requirement during the Conrail and earlier EL times?

Steve
- --
Chauffeur to the masses
www.ble272.org