RE: (erielack) Teletype for train orders

Ken and list
I never saw or heard of teletype machines being used to transmit Train
Orders.  The very nature of the process which required the DS to dictate the
TO and then receive a read back from the Optr argued against a TT machine.
For that matter I don't recall seeing a TT machine near any DS desk at
Hornell (though there was one in the bldg, downstairs IIRC).  At QD
Binghamton, which was a TO office but not an Interlocking, there were TT
machines but they were used strictly for car movement and miscellaneous
communication.  TO were handled via a separate DS phone line and copied by
hand.

M J Connor