Re: (erielack) Overland PA's

Chris Thurner noted:

> I see OMI has . . . snip . . . cancelled both their 75' Clejan flat and
the Erie rail machine
> (to bad, quite a unique model and would make an interesting focal point to
> MOW consist for a layout in the right era).

The Clejan was cancelled due to a lack of photos of the Erie prototypes
clear enough to be able to do a lettered model.  I am assuming that noone
reading this can help, or they would have by now, of course.

An interesting point, which I wonder about:  OMI advertised this as a
>>75'<< car, but the diagram for these is dimensioned 80'-2" over strikers.
It appears that the only (US) Clejans built at 75' were two samples built
for the NH.  All others were built at 80'.  I am wondering if  the OMI model
is actually 75', or 80'?

SGL

Oh, right, the Erie rail machine: probably cancelled due to low order
volume.  Neat, yes, but also IMHO, U G L Y.