(erielack) 57

To all:

I was especially interested in the note that Mike Galesi had on yesterday's
Digest about the article I wrote on 57. Certainly, I was truly and totally
amazed that the two fans in the picture I shot from EL E-8 823 April 7, 1971,
at BT could now be identified, thirty years after.

Can't believe that you wrote down the exact time that we went by BT. It
certainly is a small world! Many thanks for your response.

Bill Kelton has told me that he also enjoyed the article, and it brought back
many memories. He vividly remembers Horace and I getting down from the engine
and taking pictures.

I am working on another article about my interaction with EL's through
service, and I hope to have some time over the winter to complete it. (The
Diner project comes first!) It will be totally from "the heart," and what I
experienced on EL's long distance trains from 1965 until the end in 1970. I
almost need a box of Kleenex writing it. So many memories. Thank God I was
there.

Regards,

JJ Boehner, VP-ELDCPS
ELHS #648