Re: (rshsdepot) NYC 30th Street Station . . .

rshsdepot

"James R. Guthrie" wrote:

> rshsdepot
> Paul wrote:
>

> St. John's Park passenger service seems to have disappeared abut 1879.
> Having said that, Seth with tell us he has a timetable for 1888 <g>
> and I'd be happy to be proved wrong -- but I have not seen any
> evidence to the contrary,

Jim is apparently quite correct here, folks.  Neither my 1881 nor my 1888
NYC&HR passenger timetables give ANY indication of any service below GCT;
the first stop shown for through trains is "uptown," NOT at 125th St., but
at 138th St.  However, do keep in mind that these are through timetables.
If we had suburban timetable for the era we would know for absolutely
certain, but, again, it does appear Jim is correct.