Re: (rshsdepot) NYC 30th Street Station . . .

rshsdepot
Seth wrote:

> Jim is apparently quite correct here, folks.  Neither my 1881 nor my
1888
> NYC&HR passenger timetables give ANY indication of any service below
GCT;
> the first stop shown for through trains is "uptown," NOT at 125th
St., but
> at 138th St.  However, do keep in mind that these are through
timetables.
> If we had suburban timetable for the era we would know for
absolutely
> certain, but, again, it does appear Jim is correct.

Different line -- we're talking West Side -- down 11th Avenue to St.
Johns Park on NYC&HR route -- not NY&H.  It is also clear that the
11th Ave line below 30th also shared trackage with horsecars -- and
perhaps, streetcars (save in the 3-track portion). Heavy rail (with a
horseman sent ahead) might have been redundant in the extreme <g>.

What do you have to 30th St via Washington Heights and Inwood?

Cheers,
Jim