Re: (rshsdepot) 1903 Photo Excursion . . .

rshsdepot
At such time as any of you reach the vile wild of nawth Cuber, it would be an
honor, pleasure and privilege to have you visit and have the opportunity to
share our "Phoebe Snow" collection with you, including one of the few extant
DL&W car cards, and one of the few, if not the only one, WITHOUT Miss Phoebe in
the image!

"If custom bars
-From buffet cars
Where men may read
and smoke Cigars,
Miss Snow is quite
Convinced 'tis right
Upon the Road of Anthracite.

Best of all the image:  an expansive looking white businessman seated in a
lounge car with his cigar and behind him a grinning black porter, but NO Ms.
Snow.  There is, of course, a large Lackawanna emblem on the lower right.  So
what we have is a piece of "black" memorabilia, a piece of "women's lib"
memorabilia, and, of course, most important to us, a piece of railroad
memorabilia.

As great as the jingles were, though, the "anti-Phoebe" work that was done as
parody by a competeing railroad was also wonderful!