Re: (rshsdepot) New Orleans

rshsdepot
Friends:
Prior to the building of N. O. Union Passenger Terminal (owned jointly by
IC/L&N/SP/MP-T&P/GM&O/SR) ca 1953, there were, if memory serves, either four or
five New Orleans passenger stations including separate ones for L&N (foot of
Canal St., I believe), SP, IC, and, I think, Southern.  I believe MP-T&P and
GM&O went into one of the other stations.  The great railroad photographer
James G. LaVake (the Donald Duke or Richard Steinheimer of the east)
photographed trains and stations in and around N. O. prior to the building of
NOUPT.  He photo'ed that building through the various stages and just after
opening, so I have some wonderful GM&O "Rebel" and other early passenger train
shots in the predecessor buildings and at NOUPT.  You are all welcome to see
them at any such time you are down hereabouts.