(erielack) Dearborn Station

People on the list asked about Erie west end passenger service. One thing I should tell you Dearborn station, from what I remember had wooden platforms with those pesky pigeons living in the trainshed overhead, but unlike the Harrisburg station on the Pennsy. I didn't see much of a problem. Also there was only one modern, brightly lite, air conditioned room on the second floor. With a large glass window that overlooked the platforms, which of course didn't look that great to a non railfan. It was a back in depot, the food and services were fine. It was a very interesting place. I always carried a ticket to the first station east, so if the police stopped me I had a right to be on the property. With Grand Trunk, Monon,Santa Fe,Erie and Wabash it was a very interesting place. Union Station with the Pennsy,GM&O,CB&Q and Milwaukee always had that Pennsylvania Railroad feel. It still does. Since Amtrak and the Northeast Corridor are what's left of the Pennsylvania Railroad. Amtrak is better than the Pennsy in it's last days. But it still has the Pennsy feel to it. Like lots of rules, and running on the old Pennsy property. Lance