RE: (erielack) Last Run, Great Notch station to close Jan. 16th

> I included a photo of Great Notch station (1905) from the
> Erie Lackawanna era, and a few I took at Great Notch back in October.
> Todd ~

Todd,

Thanks for the photos and update! It's sad to see this station close, though after the electrification it lost much of its original character, anyway :(.  Your October photos show what I mean - catenary poles, heavily rebuilt track, chain link fences, and the lack of the "old yard between the tracks."

<sigh>

I'll have to put some comparable EL photo angles to compare to Todd's latter day images later on.