RE: (erielack) FW: Former EL SD45-2's spotted in Conway!

They could have got to Conway without going through Altoona. If they went the
Tier,former PRR Buffalo Line, LV etc, although I would have thought someone
would have seen them on the Southern Tier line.

Brian C.

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 07:43:39 -0600, Tupaczewski, Paul R \(Paul\) wrote
> > Paul,
> >
> > NJ to Altoona via Conway? I don't think so. They would have
> > been setoff at Altoona enroute.
>
> Unless their horsepower was needed to get them to Conway? If you dumped
> them at Altoona first, you'd instantly lose 7200 hp for the climb up
> around Horseshoe Curve to Gallitin and Cresson. I assumed they'd be
> dropping them off on the way back east here.
>
> 	- Paul
>
> 	The Erie Lackawanna Mailing List
> 	Sponsored by the ELH&TS
> 	http://www.elhts.org