RE: (erielack) ELHS Archives at Akron University

There's a lot of discussion about the location of the
ELHS archives and where the memnbership is located.

I haven't been here all that long, actually I was a
member many years ago when you had your first Western
Conference in Cleveland and it was a success, and
appears to have led to more of them.

Some of the topics on the list recently, there were
several about Cleveland, customers in the
Akron-Mansfield area, clearnaces in Akron, the
Youngstown steel mills, and the history of the two
lines between Pymatuning and Cleveland/Kent.

I know of one brand new member who lives in suburban
Akron. He's a pretty good guy. Once my membership
information arrives, I was planning on arranging to do
some research at the archives, on a couple of topics.

If it has to be moved, it has to be moved. Nobody has
said for sure one way or the other. But there does
seem to be a strong contigent of Erie fans on the west
end, which is what drew me to this organization in the
first place. And Akron U isn't going anyplace. In fact
they'll have another contributer next fall when I join
my wife and go back to school.

Mike Spinelli
MP S 215.5