Re: (erielack) Calendar time

Tom,

I take it that means that up until Port Jervis was discontinued as a crew
change point that crew members would have had to commute to/from Port
Jervis.  Any idea what kind of radius from where the crews might have come
from?

Chuck

                      "Tom Beckett"
                      <tabeckett_@_stny.rr.
                      com>                To:     <erielack_@_lists.elhts.org>
                      Sent by:            cc:
                      erielack-owner_@_list Subject:
                      s.elhts.org                 Re: (erielack) Calendar time

                      03/01/2006 11:15 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "Tom Beckett"

Interestingly, Conrail kept Port Jervis as a crew change point for the
merchandise trains til fairly late. OIBU/BUOI/OIEL/ELOI(when it ran that
far, it mostly terminated at Gang Mills with the traffic forwarded on BUOI)

changed crews at Port til they quit running, if I recall. The crew district

ran from there to Gang Mills. The stack trains used the same crew points in

the beginning, but some time in the early or mid 90s, they started running
"long pool", Jersey-Binghamton, Binghamton-Buffalo.

Tom B