From: "Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul)" <paultup_@_lucent.com>
<erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2005 9:30 AM
Subject: RE: (erielack) Seatrain (was: NY-98 spotting feature)

> Paul B. wrote:
>
> > > in 1970 (Oakland-Houston via WP-ATSF). The NY containerport was at
> > Weehawken
> > > ("Port Seatrain"), a short hop from N Bergen but the
> > landbridge operation
> > > was certainly not "dock to dock". I don't imagine you could
> > get today's
> > > containerships up there.
>

> No way! Actually, towards the end wasn't Seatrain running out of Port
Newark? (for the same reasons you mention about getting container ships up
the Hudson River)

http://www.matts-place.com/intermodal/part1/images/stlu1395543f_je.jpg
> This style of container post-dates the EL, you would only see the 40'
smoothside containers. For modelers, conveniently, the Athearn smoothside
40' container is an exact match, and Microscale makes a great set of decals
for them, too....

> - Paul

End of EL List Daily V3 #1818