(erielack) CNJ/EL COKE TRAINS

There's a couple of photos of this train (undated) climbing towards Clarks
Summit with an SW9 pusher (!) in V3 of EL in color. It's headed obviously to
some steel mill in the midwest but I've wondered myself about the specifics.

Paul B

I've been having an off-line discussion with Carl Perelman about a unit coke
train he saw running jointly with CNJ/EL back in early 1972. It ran for a
short time only, and it was a westbound.

Would anyone know why the train was run? Who was getting coke? Where was it
coming from?

- - Paul