RE: (erielack) Boonton Line freight trains-analysis

Listers,

There was, at one time, a siding at Slateford.  That was torn up way back in the 60's some time. As a holdover from that siding there was a home signal at East Slateford (where the siding ending) that was still there until the end.  Everytime there was a lightening storm around the Water GAp, the relay house there at East Slateford was stuck and screwed up everything for hours.

Rich

"Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul)" <paultup_@_lucent.com> wrote:
Chuck Walsh asked:

> Second point - wasn't there a passing siding just east of
> Slateford on the
> Cut-Off? If so, what role did that play on the single-track railroad
> between Bell's Bridge and Lincoln Park? (I might be confused
> about that.)

I thought the only passing siding on the cut-off was at Greendell. Perhaps you're thinking about the "Old Road" coming off at Slateford, which forked into two tracks just past the Junction?

- - Paul

P.S. Can we PLEASE trim the ends of the E-mails for Digest and dial-up users? Please delete any older parts of the message that are no longer relevant.

Yahoo! for Good