RE: (erielack) Boonton Line freight trains-analysis

Chuck Walsh asked:

> Second point - wasn't there a passing siding just east of
> Slateford on the
> Cut-Off?  If so, what role did that play on the single-track railroad
> between Bell's Bridge and Lincoln Park?  (I might be confused
> about that.)

I thought the only passing siding on the cut-off was at Greendell. Perhaps you're thinking about the "Old Road" coming off at Slateford, which forked into two tracks just past the Junction?

	- Paul

P.S. Can we PLEASE trim the ends of the E-mails for Digest and dial-up users? Please delete any older parts of the message that are no longer relevant.