RE: (erielack) Boonton Line freight trains-analysis

No, this is up on the Cut-Off, with the switch near the east end of the
Delaware River Viaduct, or at least that is what I recall from one of the
videos I've seen.

                      "Tupaczewski, Paul
                      R (Paul)"
                      <paultup_@_lucent.com To:     erielack@lists.railfan.net
                      >                   cc:
                      Sent by:            Subject:
                      erielack-owner_@_list         RE: (erielack) Boonton Line freight trains-analysis
                      s.elhts.org

                      10/04/2005 09:37 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "Tupaczewski, Paul
                      R (Paul)"

Chuck Walsh asked:

> Second point - wasn't there a passing siding just east of
> Slateford on the
> Cut-Off?  If so, what role did that play on the single-track railroad
> between Bell's Bridge and Lincoln Park?  (I might be confused
> about that.)

I thought the only passing siding on the cut-off was at Greendell. Perhaps
you're thinking about the "Old Road" coming off at Slateford, which forked
into two tracks just past the Junction?

             - Paul

P.S. Can we PLEASE trim the ends of the E-mails for Digest and dial-up
users? Please delete any older parts of the message that are no longer
relevant.