Re: (erielack) Diesel Cab Units - Interior Colors

On the NYC, early Alco's seemed to have green interior paint, a medium-dark
shade - 50's era slides of FA's and the restored RS3 8223 agree.

Conrail painted everything grey that I was on except the newest units with
factory paint in the cabs, but I was on a Cotton Belt GP40 that had a tan
interior; while the ex-NKP RS36 on the Ontario Central has a pale green
color.

Roads probably could choose from 2 or 3 interior colors, and most roads did
occasionally repaint inside the cabs with a standard color I would imagine
(as per Conrail units).   The "DL&W 808" and "807" are grey.   Fine
Corinthian Leather it's not, but it looks decent.  The green seems to be
unique to Alco, unless BLH or FM used it.  The one Baldwin I was on was
either grey or tan, its been a couple years now (it was an end-cab switcher)
and I don't remember for sure.

As for seats, I think every one I have ever seen was black - be it Alco,
EMD, GE, you name it, F units, slides of FA's in the 50's, GP38-2's, or
C40-8W's.   Actually those last ones may be the exception, as GE was
painting them tan and using brown on the seats.

For modeling's sake, a lighter grey on the metal surfaces and black seats
would probably be satisfactory - not too many folks are going to be able to
nitpick it.

Bill K.