(erielack) Diesel Cab Units - Interior Colors

Erie/EL/DL&W Modelers:

More and more current scale model offerings include interiors and crew
members for diesel units.  However, with few exceptions, most interiors seem
to be molded in black plastic.

In the past, this list has contained discussions and opinions on "exterior"
colors, but I don't remember seeing anything on "interior" colors.

- -Did builders like ALCO, EMD, GE and others have a "standard" color that
they painted the interiors of their cabs? ( I seem
  to recall that, at least in later years, EMD was partial to "buff" - which
was a light tan color.)
- -Were cab interiors painted multiple colors - or, where they pretty much
monochromatic?
- -Did interior colors change over the years.( Life seemed to be pretty much
"industrial gray" long ago.)

Any help anyone can offer would be appreciated.

Regards
D.Wise