Re: (erielack) Pronunciation-crazy :)

Paul and others concerned-

If I were a guy that can't even get the name on his new book straight,
I wouldn't take issue with where Tonelle Avenue is.

BTW, Tonelle Avenue is actually Route 1-9 in Jersey City and Hoboken,
runs through Union City, North Bergen, and turns into Broad Street in
Fairview. If that's not a main drag, I don't know what is.  Bergen
Boulevard (unhappily renamed Kennedy Boulevard in Bayonne and Jersey
City) remains Bergen Boulevard in Fairview, Cliffside Park, Leonia
and Fort Lee and parallels Route 1-9 until it then joins Rte. 1-9
just south of I-80.

Paterson Plank Road (yes, at one time it was built of wooden planks)
crosses under Route 1-9 and goes past the Croxton yard (EL content
test passed) and past the Meadowland Complex into East Rutherford
where it crosses over the NJ & NY RR (more EL content...).  Paterson
Plank Road was built to access many railroad facitiies in the
Secaucus meadows and was, in early 1900's, a major route to Jersey
City and Hoboken.

All of these facts are from "my most current" Esso map printed in 1954.

- -Joe Jordan