Re: (erielack) Pronunciation-crazy :)

Joe:

Hudson Boulevard was re-named Kennedy Blvd in JC and Bayonne sometime in the
early 60's.  (Obviously after President Kennedy was assassinated).

In North Bergen, Hudson, latter Kennedy Blvd ended at Boulevard East.  I
think you had to make a left turn to get to Bergen Boulevard.  (It's been a
really long time since I drove that way)

Also, "> BTW, Tonelle Avenue is actually Route 1-9 in Jersey City and
Hoboken, " is 1&9 in Jersey City only, it never went through Hoboken.

And, it was a main drag in that trucks were not allowed on the Boulevard,
except for local deliveries, so that they had to use Tonelle Avenue.

Sorry I can't get any clever references to the EL in this message.  I'll try
harder next time

Bob Horowitz
ELHS 3135
Former native of Jersey City.