Re: (erielack) re:Pavonia operations

While the turning step might have been eliminated for most trains, I seem
to recall that, as late as 1973, the E-L ran one train to Port Jervis
pulled by one E-8.  Until such time as that was replaced by Metro-North
push/pull and/or RDC's, that engine would have to be turned at both
ends.  But, by that time, most of the non-electric trains were handled by
road switchers, and  a few by paired covered wagons.

Ken B.