Re: (erielack) re:Nabisco

Were you on public property?
- ----- Original Message -----
From: "TIMOTHY O. STUY" <njmidland_@_compuserve.com>
To: "Janet & Randy Brown" <jananran_@_mymailstation.com>;
<erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 7:11 AM
Subject: (erielack) re:Nabisco

Having done engineering work at most of Nabisco's bakeries, I have always
enjoyed whating rail movements into and out of the plants.  Many of the
bakeries are switched daily.  Fair Lawn is a bit of a spectacle since the
track bisect the employees parking lot.

The downside is that Nabisco was (is) very worried about competitors seeing
their processes.  I forgot this once at their Chicago Bakery (they always
claim it is the largest bakery n the world).  The plant is serviced by the
Belt Railway of Chicago.  Imagine this scene:  A Belt Railway ALCO century
about to bring a string of cars into the plant while a train with two NYS&W
run through Dash 8-40's waiting for a signal on the next track.  Out of
nowhere came the security guard! No photo - alost no camera!

Tim