Re: (erielack) Old Erie Stops from an 1899 Document

At 08:15 AM 1/9/2002 -0800, Joseph Ferris wrote:
>Howard,
>
>Thank you for the additional information.  I went over to biblio.com
>and did a search for the book.  A couple of dealers have it from
>between $125 and $200.
>
>It sounds like an absolutely incredible book.  This is definately
>moving up to the top of my most wanted titles.  If I was a little
>further along catching up from Christmas, I would definately pick it
>up.  (Just keep telling myself "Soon...")
>
>Thank you,
>
>Joseph

Just an idea but here's what I did.  I bought a copy on eBay that was
falling apart and had it rebound.  The cover and spine were OK and the
pages were intact.  I paid about $50 for the book and about $100 for
restoration rebinding where they took the original cover and spine and used
them with the new binding.  The binding was handled through our college
library.  Normal rebinding has cost me about $10-$20 for regular books but
the restoration was worth it.  I now have a tight copy of the Mott book
with the original cover and spine which will ast me for as long as I might
need it.

Pete Gifford
ELHS #2783