Re: (erielack) the fate of the EL

The River Line most definitely included in Conrail and was subject to one of
the first pre-NERSA Conrail abandonments, coincidentally when the P&LE was
investigating the purchase of much of the former EL.

The north end of the B&SW was operated as a Light Density Line (ownership
remained with the EL Estate with CR operating as a contractor for New York
State.  When the Erie County IDA bought the line they contracted initially
with the NY&LE and later with the Buffalo Southern to operate the line.

I will have to check my notes as to the the chain of disposition of the
south end of the B&SW.