From: Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul)=0D
Date: Thursday, December 20, 2001 07:23:25=0D
To: 'ErieLackawannaRR_@_yahoogroups.com'; Mailgroup (E-mail)=0D
Subject: (erielack) RE: [ErieLackawannaRR] Digest Number 141=0D
=0D
Tom,=0D
=0D
Unfortunately, there was never a time when all three co-existed. The=0D
black/yellow units were repainted pretty quickly into gray/maroon/yellow=0D
after William White's decree in 1964, and most got repainted right into t
he=0D
GMY scheme with the yellow Gothic lettering within the band...=0D
=0D
- - Paul Tupaczewski=0D
=0D
=0D
> Message: 1=0D
> Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 03:22:27 +0000=0D
> From: DH7312_35712_@_att.net=0D
> Subject: ALco C424/C425's=0D
> =0D
> Hi all, My name is Tom Morgan and I am from Scranton PA. =0D
> I was a fan of the EL (living here you had to be), and =0D
> escpecially the C434/425's. My question is I know the =0D
> 424's were delivered in the black paint, and the 425's =0D
> were delivered in the grey paint with the maroon ERIE- =0D
> LACKAWANNA above the maroon band on the hood, and both =0D
> groups were repainted/relettered to the yellow letters =0D
> in the maroon band, was there a time when all three of =0D
> the paint schemes appeared on these Alcos?=0D
> =0D
> I am a model railroader as well as a railfan and have =0D
> the 2412 in the black paint, the 2451 in the grey paint =0D
> with maroon lettering, and the 2301 in the grey paint =0D
> with yellow lettering, could they have run together that =0D
> way? Thanks, Tom. =0D
=0D
=0D
=0D