Re: (erielack) Interesting Lackawanna Timetable

The same assignments are shown in the Jan 1910 OG.

Taking the dining car off short of the terminal allows the car to make a
round trip that could not happen if the car went to the terminal.

# 8 Buff - Elmira  Lv Buffalo 5:30 PM arr Elmira 8:47 PM

# 4 Elmira to Dover  Lv Elmira 9:35 AM Arr Dover 3:46 PM arr Hob 4:48 PM

# 25 Lv Hob 2:00 PM lv Dover 5:13 PM Arr Scr 6:37 PM

# 15 Lv Scr 6:20 AM arr Buff 1:06 PM

This is one possibility from a quick look at the OG.

I thought the same as Al Samostie at first but if you look at the whole
fleet drop offs and pick ups make sense.  Also it looks like Elmira may
have been the dining car base.

Here is the whole list:

Westbound  3  Hob - Buf, 5 Hob - Bing, 7 Hob - Str, 9 Buffet, 15 weekday
Scr - Buf, sun Elm - Buf, 25 Dov - Scr.

Eastbound  2 Bin - Hob, 4 Elm - Dov, 6 Buf - Hob, 8 Buf - Elm, 12
Buffet, 14 Str - Hob, 26 None

bob gillis