Re: (erielack) NJ&NY-power on east end of train

Train 1600's equiptment was kept with the engine east out for breaking snow
and ice on the crossings since it was the first train down the branch in the
morning. As for the noise problem with the neighbors, a wayside power system
was installed so that the engines would not have to be in standby producing
power. In warm weather the engines would be shut down and the only noise
would be from the air  conditioning units on the coaches. I don't remember
if the engines could be shut down in cold weather or not.

Gordon

To reply take the 33  from the address