Re: (erielack) Re: Atlas N EL TT GP7 / HO Trainmasters Anyone?

Blake - You're so right about patience!

I spent many a tedious evening applying tape to
several Athearn Wide Vision cabooses (cabeese?)for
myself and a friend to recreate the two tone Reading
scheme. Within a year, Atlas produced them!

In the early 80's, I purchased an undecorated Model
Power E9 to eventually paint Lackawanna. The
locomotive was noisy and didn't run well and the task
seemed beyond my abilities at the time so I put it to
the side. Thankfully, Life Like came out with great
looking models that ran well.

Checked out your website and was impressed with the
detail on the 1/35 military models! The range of
subjects was nice to see and I especially liked the
Jeep in the rain.

I do hope that someone does a Trainmaster in the
future. While the handrails on the Athearn are a bit
too thick, I also feel it is a well done model. I had
painted one in the EL black and yellow and have
another that I want to do in Lackawanna.

I saw the Atlas N scale Trainmaster in Lackawanna and
came real close to switching to N!

Bob Mitchell
ELHS #899