(rshsdepot) Buffalo, NY stations in 1926

I recently bought a reprint of a 1926 Official Guide. It is printed
on heavy paper, so it won't crumble into dust. I checked which
railroads used each of the stations in Buffalo before Central
Terminal opened.

a) Grand Trunk, Michigan Central, New York Central, PRR, & West Shore
b) BR&P, Lackawanna, Nickel Plate, and Wabash
c) Erie
d) Grand Trunk, Lehigh Valley

The New York Central and Erie stations were adjacent. Since this
pre-dates Central Terminal, does anyone know where the New York
Central station was located? I assume this was east of Exchange
Street because through trains to Chicago used it, unless they did a
backup move.

I checked the "Grand Trunk" entry and it referred to CN (formed in
1921) trains from Niagara Falls routed via Lehigh Valley or New York
Central into their respective Buffalo stations. West Shore still had
daily service from Rochester to Buffalo via Clarence, NY. The Guide
shows separate listings for NYC, MC, Big Four, and West Shore,
although there is a common map at the beginning of the New York
Central listing. Wabash had trains from Detroit operating via
trackage rights over CN. It appears that PRR always used the NYC
station, not the Lehigh Valley station.

Gordy
- --
Gordon Bjoraker