Re: (rshsdepot) Buffalo, NY

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Seth Bramson wrote:

>  >>>Again, marvelous info, Henry, and, again, thank you.

I found the MC through sleeper source, a July 1921 DL&W timetable which I
unfortunately don't own, but its owner was kind enough to list the trains
with through cars at Buffalo in some earlier correspondence. The MC ran
Buffalo to Detroit (via the Canada Southern) and Detroit to Chicago where I
believe they used IC's facilities and not LaSalle St possibly right up to the
PC merger.

It appears there were two trains each way which used the MC in 1921.

Westbound the Lackawanna Limited connected with the MC and the Chicago Limited
is listed as via the MC and the NKP.

Eastbound it was the Lackawanna Limited with MC and the Chicago & NY Express
with MC and NKP.

I am not sure how the MC connection worked, but I don't think both the NKP and
MC were used by the same cars, it must have been separate through sleepers to
each road. NKP's Chicago main wasn't very close to MC's Chicago main until the
western half on Indiana and I'm sure they didn't run
Buffalo-Detroit-Toledo-Continental, OH via NKP's Clover Leaf to NKP's Chicago
main. I think it's a safe bet that at least two cars went different ways!

There was also a Wabash connection for St. Louis, but not with any through
cars.

Henry

J. Henry Priebe Jr.    Blue Moon Internet Corp Network Administrator
www.bluemoon.net       Internet Access & Web Hosting
www.railfan.net        Railfan Network Services