(rshsdepot) Maywood Update

(From the NYSW and other lists, and of possible interest):

I was advised by the New Jersey Historical Preservation Office today that
Maywood Station will nominated for inclusion on the National Historical
Register as a National Landmark in late January or February. This is much
sooner than the originally thought 12-18 month decision period. Due to the
stations historic merits, the State is asking for immediate inclusion.

The State also noted that our inclusion on the New Jersey Historical
Register was one of the quickest and finest efforts by a group to mobilize,
save and preserve a historic building that they have experienced to date.
Good job all! Let's keep the ball rolling!

In other good news - our friends at Myron Corporation have donated us
several hundred lighted holiday pens to be given to children attending
"Santa at Maywood Station" on Saturday, December 21.
Regards,
Ed Kaminski
Visit my home page at: www.geocities.com/shpx60000/theedwards.html
Visit the Maywood Station Historical Committee home page at:
www.geocities.com/maywoodstation/maywoodstation.html