Re: (rshsdepot) East New York . . .

rshsdepot
Steve wrote:

>     Was the Chambers St. service you reference here an extension
down what
> is now the J/M line, from Essex to Chambers St; or did it come
directly over
> the Brooklyn Bridge at any point, as I thought I understood one
posting to
> say yesterday?

Brooklyn Bridge station was served by the LIRR -- but that was on the
Brooklyn side of the river, accessed via the 5th Ave El connection at
Atlantic Avenue and into what was known as Carlton Avenue Yard.

>     Seconding Seth's question, do you have approximate dates?

See my reply to Seth.

>     I have marvelous postcard labeled "transportation terminal",
showing a
> cutaway view of the complex at the west (Manhattan/Chambers St) end
of the
> Brooklyn Bridge, probably in the late 1910's as the Municipal
Building is in
> place.  Is this thing old news, or should I try out the new
picture-posting
> service we now have here?

I, for one, would love to see it.

Does this list automatically put scans on the site? if so, I'll put up
the Sea Beach Card.

Cheers,
Jim