(rshsdepot) East New York redux . . .

rshsdepot
I now have come to realize that it is more interesting even than we =
thought.....Since the LIRR was using the Fulton El then what they called =
East New York is obviously that multi track and platform Atlantic Avenue =
which is right above the LIRR East New York  Station today and then as =
well...It may have been that exact structure and possibly why such a =
large station is at that spot-Sometime between 1906 ands 1912, I forget =
when, the Canarsie line was elevated at this point and continued =
north/NW toward Manhattan (though the tunnel to 14th Street didn't open =
until 1928)...
So we have the train from Chambers to Rockaway stopping at what the LIRR =
 at least called East New York, a staircase above their Atlantic =
Division Station, also the Manhattan Beach RR station was here as well, =
though I forget how it crossed the Atlantic Division here...Was there a =
central LIRR station here for all three lines/services? Are there photos =
of a station on the Manhattan Beach Division here?..As a transfer it may =
have been a different route from Manhattan to Manhattan Beach, to =
Coney..this must have been quite an interchange point between LIRR =
routes and between BRT as well...

So in actuality it is the same East New York Station after all, just up =
in the air..

Anyone have a definitive list of the stations on the Manhattan Beach =
(and Bay Ridge) handy? was there one at East New York?

Paul