Re: (rshsdepot) B&O Royal Blue Line at Whitehall Ferry

rshsdepot
Jim:
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here.  Steve or Paul sent
the photo and stated it showed Staten Island, now you are saying it is NOT
S. I., but, rather, the Whitehall ferry terminal which was on Manhattan
Island.  I would appreciate it if you or somebody else, particularly Steve
or Paul, would verify the location of the photo, as, if I read correctly,
it did say it was the Staten Island terminal, not the Whitehall/South
Ferry terminal.  Gentlemen, can we reach a definitive answer, please.

> It shows the pre-1905 Whitehall ferry terminal with the Royal Blue
> Line Ferry connection for the Third Avenue El that  described in an
> earlier post. You might want to also consult Baxter's book on the
> Hudson River Ferries for further description of this operation. And
> Whitehall Street Ferry=South Ferry since the days of the Commodore.
> South Ferry was the IRT name; Whitehall Street is the BRT/BMT name.
>
> Fixations on off-line city ticket offices notwithstanding

You have a way with words, Jim.  Unfortunately, and too often, that "way"
comes across as snide, overbearing, and condescending.  I don't think you
really mean it that way, but your unilateral use of words such as
"irrelevant" and "fixations" might and could be misread as being cynical
and nasty, and perhaps you might consider--and be willing to-- tone down
the use of said phraseology.  Believe it or not, there are people on this
list who are at your level of both knowledge and intelligence, but convey
same without being demeaning or offensive to others.