Re: (rshsdepot) NY and Northern . . .

rshsdepot
Paul wrote:

> Found book-map on page 19: the map highlights these in Manhattan:
>
> 155th, 116th, 59th, 53rd,42nd, 23rd, 14th, Rector, South Ferry.

Pulled the same book off the shelf -- Gallo and Kramer. I'd forgotten
about that map.

The NY&N and successors had through ticketing with the 9th Ave El; as
did the LIRR with the Third Avenue El (and I've never seen reference
to this on the Second Ave line) but the Third Avenue El served GCT and
the LIRR 34th St Terminals directly, as well as the B&O at Whitehall;
the Ninth served the NY&N directly. That's why through ticketing could
be made available to these specific lines and their direct connections
(NY&NE, for example)

I couln't tell you whether the Els offered any other through ticketing
arrangements -- these are the only ones I'm aware of, due to the
"direct physical" connections with on-line railroad terminals.

Obviously, there were arrangements between the BRT and LIRR in the
days when they shared the Williamsburgh Bridge and the LIRR ran Gibbs
Cars to Chambers Street. But I've never seen evidence to support
ticketing from Chambers to LIRR points other than the Rockaways. But
then, I'm not aware that LIRR trains from Chambers would have stopped
anywhere that allowed a transfer to other LIRR lines -- as I'm under
the impression they all ran express on the Atlantic Branch portion of
the trip.

I've seen commutation tickets from Park Row to LI points -- so I know
this one had the tariffs.

Leave it to some ticket maven to come up to a Chambers Street -Valley
Stream  gem, though (even if it was 'change at Seaside' <g>.

Cheers,
Jim