Re: (rshsdepot) Jim Guthrie's comments

rshsdepot
OK.  Now, assistance, please.  Was this a coupon type ticket?  Card
stock?  Were there separate coupons or cards for each entity.  And, most
important, EXACTLY what was the routing?  LIRR to NYP (New York Penn
Station) then PRR to Newark?  Surely, they did not use a boat by then.  I
used the trains hysterically in those days (I was at Cornell 1966-69,
graduating June, '69) and now federal judge Melvin Rosenberg and I (he was
in Law School then) would take off every Saturday in my car and railfan
the entire area around Ithaca, then still loaded with stations including
the Scipio Center and one other on the late, lamented New York, Auburn &
Lansing, later the Central N. Y. Southern.  Every chance I got, though, I
would go into the City, enjoy 42nd St. before Disney destroyed that
wonderful beauty and made it vanilla, and ride any train(s) I could,
including the Canarsie Line and the two then existing Brooklyn shuttles.

At any rate, I am trying to picture any other routing from LIRR points to
Newark, even though, with quite a few LIRR lines, one had to "Change in
Jamaica."