(rshsdepot) re: Jim Guthrie's comments

rshsdepot
The following paragraph's lead has me confused completely...can you =
correct the syntax/grammar because this way I am stymied:

=B0=B0=B0One other legacy: One I worked for the LIRR, all interline =
tickets
were sold via subway/ferry -- NOT via Penn Station. Penn Station (and
Hell Gate) required supplementals -- which you avid ticket collectors
all have in your collections, I'm sure. On the LIRR, we sold both PRR
and Hell Gate Supps individually, as ten trips, and monthlies. A
person purchasing, say, a Huntington-Linden monthly commutation ticket
would find it was only good to Brooklyn or LI City -- finding one's
way to Jersey was by then the passenger's responsibility. A subway
ride and a hike to the ferry  for CNJ, DL&W or Erie points was simple
and straightforward -- good via ferry. I'm not clear on Hudson
Terminal, because the PA had taken over by then. But I'm told that
such tickets were good for entrance in an arrangement in effect
between the time of the end of ferry service and the PA takeover.

When both the PRR and LIRR had ferry service, these through tickets
were good via the Els/Ferries.  There was some sort of special
arrangement with the IRT on tickets to Brooklyn after the Annex ferry
(and short lived Jersey-City-Flatbush Avenue train) was discontinued
as well. One could use the LIRR ticket to enter the El at 34th St and
the river.=B0=B0=B0

Paul

NOTE: Any non-text portions of this message were removed.