(rshsdepot) Jim Guthrie's comments

rshsdepot
Much of what Jim has written was new information for me and I am
delighted to learn--as I do almost every day--on and from this list.
However, I MUST question one or two comments and would appreciate
clarification.  Where did you get the info, Jim, that major el stations
sold interline tickets?  I have never seen or heard that before, and it
just doesn't sound right.  Here's why:  my timetables back to pre 1900
show the consolidated NY City and Bklyn ticket offices.  At no place
have I ever seen anything regarding passengers buying through ticket
(interline) at el stations.  It just doesn't sound right and I imagine
Messrs. Delibert and Paul may have something to add on that.  As far as
the comment that, "in theory, one could purchase an interline ticket
-From a booth at, say, 9th Street...."
is not quite correct.  For many years, the PRR maintained a ticket
office in the old Hudson Terminal Building(s) and I imagine that is what
you might be thinking of.  I just don't think or believe that a transit
clerk had the time or the wherewithal, in those small booths, to start
selling interline tickets.

One last item:  the through Boston Pullman that you state was a NY &
Northern origination from the 155th St. el station:  I'm assuming you
mean that the NY&N had
a station at that point, do you not?  I just cannot picture a sleeping
car being switched up to and on to the "el," so if you could clarify
that it would be appreciated.  And my thanks in advance.