Re: (erielack) Steamtown Images--September 20, 2013 (C3336 thru C3340)

C3339 is definitely on Church street going into downtown Jessup. present  247.The tracks in the foreground are the Lakawanna Winton branch which continue to the right for approximately another mile or so crossing Hill Street toward what ended up as one of the last working breakers in theLackawanna  valley - last owned by the Pompey family although who was the owner when this was shot I don't know. My maternal grandfather Joe Russin  ran the breaker until he retired in the late  60's- it mysteriously burned down a year or so later . These tracks were still there In the  The early  50's -I well remember balancing on them as a toddler when taken out for walks by my paternal grandmother who lived a block or so away on Ward Street. Yes that is the Erie Jessup yard in the background which saw activity right up until the end. One of my mothers uncles was the last yardman there. My maternal grandparents lived adjacent to the yard on Hill Street. The building on the right before the yard was at various times a school, church and textile factory and was still standing at least a few years ago . What a remarkable picture- my memories of this scene date almost exactly to 40 yard later as I was born in  1949 and I believe the track was removed around 1953. Amazing!

Sent from my iPhone