Re: (erielack) South Paterson

Bob,
I meant the general vicinity of the new South Paterson station.  As I
recall, the Erie Main Line through downtown Passaic was removed in
1969?  I remember the event, since I rode the #74 bus from Paterson home
from school and the remnant of the "celebration" was still visible when
my bus got through Passaic after 3:30 p.m.  At that time, Erie Main Line
trains were rerouted over the Boonton Line to Paterson Junction, thence
past the new South Paterson station, which was just off the new overpass
over Main Ave.  According to my 1973 public timetable, there were still
Boonton Line trains which ran via Marshall St., Paterson and on to Dover
(and beyond).  When was service on the Boonton Line rerouted over the
Greenwood Lake Branch from Mt. View east?  How many tracks were in
operation on the Boonton Line at that point?  I rode it once, but don't
remember how many?

What was the track configuration at the junction of the Boonton Line and
the new connection to the Erie Main Line?   From where were the switches
controlled?

If the junction between the Boonton Line and the connection with the
Erie Main Line were called Paterson Junction, what was the junction
between the Newark Branch and the Boonton Line not too far (timetable)
east of Paterson Junction called?

Ken B.