Re: (erielack) West Paterson Spur

Bill,

Before passenger service between Paterson and Little Falls was
abandoned, how was the operation of the junction controlled?  From what
I can tell from public timetables, there were far more trains from the
Erie Main Line and Newark Branch which used the new connection to the
Boonton Line than there were Boonton Line trains.

When was the Boonton Line passenger service between Paterson and Mt.
View ended?  Was there more than one track in service through Paterson?
If so, I assume that all but one were take out of service except the one
which became the West Paterson Spur, and, at that time, the
remotely-operated switches were eliminated except for the single,
hand-throw switch.  I rode through that area in 2001, but could find no
hint of the former Boonton Line/West Paterson Spur was.

Do you know if the switch to the Newark Branch is hand-thrown or
remotely-controlled?

Thanks.

Ken B.