From: Bruce <qc_@_comcast.net>

To: EL Mail List <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>

Sent: Sat, Oct 20, 2012 11:52 am

Subject: Re: (erielack) ES99/SE98

CNJ crews complaining about bad track on the Lackawanna?  I thinkgenerally that the DLW track was in better shape than the CNJ track.  Inthe later time period nearly all EL freight was routed via Scranton andI do not personally know of much track work done on the portion Scrantonto Port Morris before the rerouting. Further DLW crews would not haveignored dangerous track conditions. Finally during the ConRail periodwhen little or no track maintenance was done I recall a light enginemove just before a holiday [getting a Scranton crew back home] that wasmade a near record speed.  Granted the crew would have been aware of anytrack problems, but still made it to Scranton in what we all thought wasnear record time. [Engr Baumann Cndr Austin Reap].  DLW crews wereconstantly complaining about the poor CNJ track [High Bridge Branch, Ido not recall complaints about the Main Line to Eport].
Also regarding the LV saying they would be unable to handle all the CNJtraffic into OAK Island. CR used Oak Island for just about all the NorthJersey traffic, partially closing PRR yards [Waverly?] and Croxton.  WasOak Island greatly expanded to handle these cars?
Bruce Breeman