From: Janet & Randy Brown <jananran_@_mymailstation.com>

To: erielack <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>

Sent: Fri, Oct 19, 2012 6:05 pm

Subject: Re:Re: (erielack) Erie Lackawanna-track abandonment question

Thanks, Bob:

I put "Aerial View" in quotes because I'm sure that thy were taken from the firetower noted on the topo maps of the area. Pat says their box says "Aerials" butI think we've all agreed that th planes of that era would not be suitable forthis knid of photography.

Your answer to my question is most sensible.  It is also the only response Igot.  I know it was at least double track all the way when I rode it fromHoboken to Scranton in 1944.

Randy Brown

Randy
What  aerial view?    What Pat McKnight  posted?    That may have been  rightduring construction, ( track  laying ) and the second track hadn't been  laidyet?Viaduct and Cut Off were always double track, from the time it  officially opened.
Bob Bahrs