Re:Re: (erielack) Erie Lackawanna-track abandonment question

Thanks, Bob:

I put "Aerial View" in quotes because I'm sure that thy were taken from the fire tower noted on the topo maps of the area. Pat says their box says "Aerials" but I think we've all agreed that th planes of that era would not be suitable for this knid of photography.

Your answer to my question is most sensible.  It is also the only response I got.  I know it was at least double track all the way when I rode it from Hoboken to Scranton in 1944.

Randy Brown

Randy
What  aerial view?    What Pat McKnight  posted?    That may have been  right during construction, ( track  laying ) and the second track hadn't been  laid yet?

Viaduct and Cut Off were always double track, from the time it  officially  opened.

Bob Bahrs