RE: (erielack) Last Erie Passenger Train Derailment?

Whoops, time to amend my previous E-mail - that's what I get for talking
before I verify my sources!

822 and 823 were both repainted into EL GMY after the wreck, and each had
some interesting scheme variations:

822 received maroon Roman lettering in the lower gray panel, and had a
DL&W-style "RADIO" with the four lightning bolts surrounding it (common to
the earliest repaints, and relatively short-lived)

823 received maroon Roman lettering in the lower gray panel, and had a
Erie/EL-style "Radio Equipped" logo.... but with the word "Equipped" left
off. Only one other unit (FT 6521) received this same style "Radio" logo.
This non-standard logo was replaced with the yellow "RADIO EQUIPPED" logo in
the maroon band by 1963.

	- Paul