Re: (erielack) Last Erie Passenger Train Derailment?

        Paul and all,  I'd like to see photos of that derailment.  It's
my understanding that the rebuild of 822 as a result of that wreck
resulted in that unit receiving the later model grills (farre-aire ?) and
new style headlight opening.
        I also recall hearing that 823 was never "right" after that and
was the first of the EL E's scrapped because of all the long running
problems.  I'd welcome any additional info on these recollections.

        Jim Flynn
        ELHS # 2598