Re:Re: (erielack) Erie Lackawanna-track abandonment question

See what happens when the right person comes on line? Bob has managed to answer most of the questions in fewer words than it took to ask them.

However, I am still puzzled by the images in the "Aerial Views."  It  looks to me like the ramp up to the Cutoff is single track, and the viaduct seems narrow.  Perhaps that latter is simply the perspective of the long shot, but the trackwork is pretty plain.  Was it built single and doubled later?  That's possible. Was the viaduct built single width and widened later?  That seems difficult, if not impossible.

Comments?

Randy Brown

I have been away for a week. I see many of the three hundred emails I came   home to this evening have this Slateford Jct area topic in their  heading.   I have deleted most so I'm sorry if I'm duplicated some one  else's  posting. Here is what I can contribute. . .

Bob Bahrs