(erielack) ES99/SE98

This was an unusual day with the three little units. I was just after Hurricane Agnes and previous days trains had been canceled. SE98 had not arrived at Elizabethport the previous day so CNJ had no 6-axle units to send out on this train. Can't say for sure but it may have been the only time a solid CNJ consist like this made it onto the EL. The met the SE98, which had three SD's, at this siding and the two trains swapped power. It was after dark by the time the RS3-GP7, RS3 combo was headed back to Lake Jct. with SE98.
Rich Jahn